Health & Safety
At C and H Construction the Health & Safety of our employees and customer employees is at the forefront of what we do every day. We have a detailed Health & Safety policy which is summarised below.
- You must not operate any item of equipment unless trained, and authorised to do so.
- You must not remove any guarding from equipment used or deviate from your authorised usage of the equipment
- You must report immediately any equipment defect, and never attempt repair.
- You must undertake all duties as instructed and never deviate.
- You must use the safety pin if operating machinery.
You must make proper use of all equipment and facilities provided to control working conditions/environment.
You must ensure you keep your work areas clear/tidy.
You must dispose of waste/scrap in the appropriate receptacles.
Protective Clothing & Equipment
You must wear protective equipment where required.
You must never obstruct any fire escape route, fire equipment or doors.
You must see the first-aider for any injury you may receive, irrespective of how minor, and ensure details are entered into the accident book.
You must report any incident in which damage is caused to property.
You must report any medical condition that could affect the safety of yourself or others.
You must remain professional in your duties at all times
You must follow all rules pertaining to no smoking areas.
C and H Constructionaims to provide quality workers to its customers on time and within budget. This includes aspects of quality which is specific for construction and rail.
The company management is committed to:
· Improving customer service
· Ensure all staff are aware and work to C and H Constructions Quality Assurance Policy
· Communication throughout C and H Construction the importance of meeting customer needs and all regulatory statutory requirements.
· Establishing the quality policy and its objectives.
Defining the policy in summary
· All personnel understand the requirements of the quality policy.
· C and H Construction complies with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
· C and H Construction constantly monitors its quality performances and implements improvements where required.
· The policy is annually reviewed to ensure its continuing sustainability for purpose.
Alcohol and Drugs
1. C and H Construction believes that it is essential that all employees, workers and those who render services to the Company or at the Company’s premises are in full command of themselves and of all of their faculties throughout the working day.
2. C and H Construction requires you to present yourself for work on each occasion required under your contract in complete command of all your faculties i.e. without any dependence on alcohol or any other drugs of a non-medicinal nature and to maintain that state until the completion of your working hours under your contract. If during the course of your working day you have to take medicinal drugs on a regular basis, this fact should be known to your recruitment consultant confidentially.
3. In the event that you present yourself at work or during working hours you are in a condition where your supervisor believes you to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and you are not able to carry out your duties in a proper, fit and safe way you will not be allowed to commence work or continue work. Instead you will be suspended without pay and not allowed to return until such a time as you are in full control of your faculties.
4. In addition such behaviour will be subject to the disciplinary procedure of C and H Construction and after due investigation may result in dismissal as a result of gross misconduct.
5. C and H Constructionn is obliged to investigate all the circumstances surrounding such behaviour prior to commencing the disciplinary procedure and this may, where necessary, include seeking medical advice as to your condition including requiring you to submit to a medical examination. C and H Construction is obliged to investigate such matters in as much detail as possible and therefore expects you to comply with any requests that you submit to such examinations. You may appeal in accordance with the Company’s disciplinary procedure.
6. If the disciplinary procedure is evoked and you receive a disciplinary sanction short of dismissal or if you have a successful appeal C and H Construction will recommend that you take advantage of counselling services to help control your problem and you will be required to act of any such recommendation. In the event that you need to be absent from work for a period of treatment for either alcohol or drug dependency a reasonable leave of absence will normally be granted to cover this on an unpaid basis.
7. If C and H Construction suspects that you are in the possession of alcohol or drugs you will be required to consent to a search of your belongings. If you are found to be in possession of any alcohol or illegal substances you will be suspended from your duties pending further investigation. This matter will be dealt with under the Company’s disciplinary procedure and after due investigation it may result in dismissal for gross misconduct.
8. If C and H Construction believes you are dealing, buying, selling or receiving drugs or alcohol you will suspended from your duties while an investigation is carried out. Where a criminal offence is suspected the Company shall inform the police.
9. All employees and workers are required to inform C and H Construction or any appropriate person if they suspect any fellow worker may be acting in breach of this policy.
- Machine Operatives
- Crane Operatives
- Hoist Driver
- Forklift Driver
- Dumper Driver
- General Labourers
- Traffic Management Personnel
- Kerb Layers
- Concrete Finishers
- Gate Keeper
- Gas Installers
- Dry Liners
- Steel Fixers